Payton's last day of preschool was today and it was hard. I had several moments where my eyes started to burn and well up with tears and my mouth started to quiver when trying to answer "Mommy why are you crying." It was hard because I realized it was the first real end of something with my kids. Preschool sort of defines a stage in Payton's life and now it is over and on to a new stage. A great stage it will be, but today we ended her preschool years. As the girls got in the car this morning I started feeling those tears and ache in my heart because it was the last time I would take her through carpool and watch them walk in together. I LOVE watching my girls walk into school together, I like them together.
I have loved these years watching Payton learn, make friends, have good days and a few bad days, and always come out of school smiling and waving to me as I pull through carpool. It has been fun!
We are excited about Kindergarten next year and anxiously await it. Today I realized that I may be okay on the first day of Kindergarten because beginnings are exciting, it is just endings that are hard. Then I may be fooling myself, who knows.
I found Payton in her bedroom this afternoon crying and when I asked her why she said "I am sad my friends will not be at my new school next year. I want to stay and go to school with them at preschool again." If it was that easy to keep her in church preschool until she was 18 I would. It has been fun!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment