I saw something like this on another blog for moms that I keep up with that gives me encouragement. It spoke volumes to me. This summer has been different than others. We have been busy in the evenings, but most days the kids and I have stayed home with each other. Sometimes when we are at home day after day I begin to feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day. Reading this post gave me a greater perspective of what I do, just being a mom and how much I really do love it, just me and my kids.
Where am I, Krista?
Here’s where I am…
I’m in our bedroom, trying to steal 5 more minutes of sleep before I hear Claire on the monitor say “My eyes are open”
I’m in the kitchen, pouring bowls of strawberry Shredded Wheat for Payton and yogart for Claire.
I’m at the table, reading devotion to the girls listening to Claire say “I not like this story”
I’m upstairs, getting one happy and wet baby out of the crib, and changing his sheets one more time.
I’m in the bathroom, brushing three little mouths full of teeth and tangles out of hair before deciding if we want piggies, ponies, a braid or hang down hair today.
I’m in the garage, ushering little people into the minivan.
I’m in the car, running errands to the soundtrack of my children’s Jesus songs.
I’m at therapy, pleading with the girls to sit quietly against the wall while Harrison works hard.
I’m at the store, picking up a few things for dinner and making sure the girls keep their hands to themselves.
I’m in the kitchen again, preparing lunch for the girls and a bottle for Bud Bud.
I’m at eye level with Payton and Claire, trying to figure out their quarrel and reminding them that we serve one another.
I’m on my hands and knees, cleaning up the crumbs from lunch.
I’m on the floor, changing a stinky diaper and doing exercises with Harrison.
I’m in the play room, cleaning up leggos.
I’m in the laundry room, throwing a load in while the house is quiet due to naps and big girl time.
I’m on the bed, fighting the urge to sleep while reading.
I’m at the computer, playing Starfall with the girls.
I’m in the living room, wiping the table of sticky fingerprints..
I’m in the kitchen, making dinner while Harrison plays with tupperware and hearing the girls run down the hall.
I’m in the foyer, because DADDY is home.
I’m at the table, enjoying dinner with my family, while we remind Payton to sit straight in her chair and encouraging Claire to eat.
I’m at the sink, smiling because my girls brought me their empty dishes and thanked me for dinner.
I’m on the floor again, cleaning up crumbs again while Harrison tosses puffs at me and giggles.
I’m back in the playroom, picking up dress up clothes and babies before game time.
I’m in Payton’s room, correcting her for being sassy and listening to her pray that God would give her a happy heart.
I’m in the bathroom, while three sweet kiddos get a bath.
I’m in the bedroom, brushing and drying hair while Barney is on.
I’m in the kitchen again, cutting up apple slices and pouring milk.
I’m in the bathroom again, pleading with Claire to open her mouth while we brush her teeth.
I’m in the girl’s room, reading The Big Story Bible, and saying our prayers.
I’m on the couch, snuggling with Harrison while he takes his last bottle.
I’m in the bedroom, paying bills as Jonathan irons and we catch up on each others day.
I’m in the hall, going to catch one more glimpse of my babies.
I’m in bed, talking with Jonathan and wondering how I got so tired.
I’m still in bed, as I realize that my sweet husband has gotten up with the baby because I slept through him crying.
Where am I? I’m in the middle of motherhood.
And there’s no place else I’d rather be!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Krista-
This just made me cry! So sweet and so true. Sometimes it's amazing where the day goes! Being a mom is the best job ever!! :)
krista,
stephanie (stringer) lyon here! saw you had a blog today from FB. we're a big blogger family, too--we make ours into a book, so i like to keep it!
SO fun to hear your day as a mom. sounds so familiar. :) i love that from reading one post i can hear how much you love your little ones and are seeking to raise them in the Lord, shepherding their hearts. so encouraging. what a joy and privilege God has given us to be a mama! there's been so much time and space between us sine brookwood high school, but it's fun to see what a similar stage of life we're in and that HE is most important. :)
excited to read up on the beautiful family God has given yall!
love love love this!
of course i got teary eyed!
so sweet Krista! you are the best Mommy!!
Oh Krista that was amazing and spoke to me!! Thank you for sharing that. It really puts our day to day things into perspective as moms! You are an awesome mommy!!
Post a Comment