This past weekend we went to the lake again. It has to be one of my favorite places on earth, my happy place. It is not big, nothing fancy, but just family. There are not any computers, poor cell service, no cable, no dvds, not really any toys, but there is fishing, swimming, playing, bikes, a swing on the porch, and always a grandparent to play with.
This weekend while we were there the girls wanted to fish with Pawpaw. So he put a worm on Payton's hook and she casted it into the water, which she does very good. A second later she said "I got something" and I said jokingly "what a worm." Much to our surprise she reeled up a fish. She was one excited girl and we were shocked. She said "I knew something was on there because Pawpaw told me my pole would bend when I had a fish." A few minutes later Claire caught her first fish too. This started a new interest for the weekend. The girls were all about fishing and over the two days probably caught 20 fish. The fish were biting the hooks the minute the worm hit the water. Pawpaw cleaned the fish and we are going to have a fish fry at the end of the summer.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
how fun that they caught their own fish!!!
Post a Comment